Guilds of Magic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the magic based role-playing game, Guilds of Magic.

3 posters

Magical Combinations

bailey33
    bailey33
    Civilian
    Civilian

Magical Combinations Empty Magical Combinations

Post by bailey33 Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:02 pm

The idea behind this is simple, you allow the players to have a skill that essentialy lets them combine two forms of magic to create something entirely new. I'll list some examples below.

1. Fire lightning combination - The combination could create lightning that explodes on impact, black lightning or even a combination similar to Natsu's Fire lightning dragon magic.

2. Dark and light - By combining dark and light magic the user could create a magic type that completely opposes itself and with the magic trying to seperate itself it could also completely remove whatever area it occupies. For example, you create it as a ball of energy and whatever that ball touches is simply gone.

3. Water fire. A combination of water and fire could create a super hot steam, or simply boiling hot water/acid.

The possibilities are almost limitless, so I think if it does get put in; players should post all their various ideas.
    Widow
    Widow
    Potential Mage
    Potential Mage

Magical Combinations Empty Re: Magical Combinations

Post by Widow Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:04 pm

This sounds amazing, it would be amazing if you could combine the combinations with other magics at some point when you're really strong.
    bailey33
    bailey33
    Civilian
    Civilian

Post by bailey33 Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:21 pm

That would be awesome, but think of the coding and time it would take to implement that. It'd be a pain in the ass XD
    Widow
    Widow
    Potential Mage
    Potential Mage

Post by Widow Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:32 pm

Indeed. I think its best for Kaliba(Mask of Illusion) to focus on the current game's problems and basic magics, I don't think it's anywhere near done for this system to be effective.
    Mask of Illusion
    Mask of Illusion
    Developer

Post by Mask of Illusion Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:45 am

I've already got Elemental spells reacting to each other, e.g. Fire ball's are doused by Water whip. Of course there's some leeway so if you're Fire ball is more than 10x the power of Water Whip then the water projectile dissipates.

I'll go into more depth with combinations later on though so projectiles can merge and become more powerful, it would also allow for a single projectile to take on multiple status effects. So Fire and Lightning would both burn and paralyse anyone it hit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 am