Guilds of Magic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the magic based role-playing game, Guilds of Magic.

2 posters

Skill Suggestions

Widow
    Widow
    Potential Mage
    Potential Mage

Skill Suggestions Empty Skill Suggestions

Post by Widow Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Suggestion Information

These are some suggestions for skills that could change and cause immersion while the masters of these skills could also be hired to do them. Remember, this list will be updated when new idea's are obtained, that takes a while.

Architect Skills

1. Architecture (Decides how much something costs and which tiles you can build.)
    2. Architect Administration (Decides how much tiles you can build in total, increasing the limit.)
    3. Architecture Knowledge (Enables you to build more science.)

Mask of Illusion
    Mask of Illusion
    Developer

Skill Suggestions Empty Re: Skill Suggestions

Post by Mask of Illusion Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:37 am

This is similar to something I had planned but wasn't sure about, as a way to help moderate building and not just making it whether you're approved to by an Admin or not.

Players would be required learn how to build, there'd be several stages for progression. Unlockable by purchasing it with skill points(part of the new Skill Tree which was added last night), so unlocking the first stage would allow you to build with wood and allow you to build basic objects. Then advancing up until you can build futuristic walls, floors, roofs, doors and technology objects such as holo-tables.

I wasn't really sure about it though. I also planned to have each 'country' require building planning permission from someone, so once they gave you a land deed you could place it on the ground and you'd be restricted to say... 20x20 tiles for building in that area. Only you could build inside there though and you'd need a special deed to build a Guild HQ.
    Widow
    Widow
    Potential Mage
    Potential Mage

Post by Widow Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Indeed, that seems like the best idea to me. As for the last idea, I think it would be best if a king/queen of that certain country could give a spot where a certain player can build; while players with overall administrator permission and architecture skills can build on non-ruled places - but there would still be a limit as said in the above skill set which would enable for some interesting planning. You should work on everything you just mentioned - it seems pretty good!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:19 pm